Skip to main content
Wikispaces Classroom is now free, social, and easier than ever.
Try it today.
Pages and Files
UC on ChemSpider
Alicia's Masters Thesis
Open Web Drug Dev.
To Do List
Ugi NMR Analysis
Updated: December 22nd 2010
At Drexel University (Chemistry department) two NMR instruments are available for student use a) 500MHz Varian Unity Inova and b) 300MHz Unity Inova
Use 500MHz preferentially to obtain HNMR and 300MHz machine for C13 (direct probe for C13)
Follow these steps to save a JCAMP on the 300MHZ and 500MHz.
1. Set up the NMR to what ever parameters you want/need (eg C13, H1, solvent)
2. Obtain the spectrum, type aph (auto phase), vsadj (vertical spectral adjustment). Then reference to the solvent ('0' for TMS), title('ONSCExp###-Xx').
3. Type svf for saving FIDs, give the spectrum a name consistent with the your experiment number (for experiments on ONSChallenge wiki, ONSCExp###-Xx, where ### is the experiment number and Xx is the sample ID, example ONSCExp167-1B)
4. Type svsj for saving the spectrum as a jdx file (JSpecView)
5. Use the browser to email the files you saved under the folder 'Bradley/data' to yourself or use a zip/flash drive to retrieve the data from the machine.
6. Before you upload the spectrum to the server, you will need to decompress the file obtained from the instrument. To do so, use the latest standalone JSpeview applet. This can be downloaded from
. Open the spectrum using the JSpecView app (JSVApp.jar) and save it as a JDX -> XY file(under file-> Save as menu)
7. Open the new decompressed file using Notepad , find the line which contains"##$REFERENCEPOINT= " (use Ctrl/Cmd+F) and delete this line, re-save the file (Ctrl/Cmd+ S) [Note: This step may not be needed when the new version of JSpeView comes out ]
8 Now the file is ready to be uploaded to the server.
To upload it in html format
follow these instructions
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"